Talley Management Group, an accreditated Association Management Company is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This full-time position will be located in our New Jersey Office and will be assigned to several client accounts. The successful candidate will have several years of professional administrative experience, enjoy a fun & diverse work environment and be able to handle the execution of work on behalf of several client accounts. The individual need not have prior association management experience.
Click here to apply online.
- Manage most aspects of day-to-day administrative functions
- Be the driving force behind administrative duties for the client
- Perform functions as needed such as Email, Scanning, Correspondence, Filing, Photocopying, Faxing, Shipping, etc.
- Schedule events, meetings, conference calls
- Responding to inquiries from internal and external customers
- Keep client team organized and running efficiently invoices for payment and assist with department financial records and budgets
- Coordinate and oversee the completion of special projects
- Professional interaction with client, public and TMG Colleagues
- Collaborate with the internal client teams
- Record minutes of team meetings, client Board and Committee Meetings
- Maintain TMG and Client Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop organized office procedures and streamline office administrative activities
- Other clerical duties as necessary
- Manage the required business activities of assigned client(s) as assigned
- Maintain effective working relationships with officers, members, client staff, vendors and other parties associated with meeting the client’s needs
- Edit and maintain client’s website using WYSIWYG Editor/HTML
- Assist in membership engagement through Social Media content and related campaigns
- Assists the Executive Director in planning and executing all communications to the general membership, including such items as newsletter, general mailings, ballots and surveys
- Assist the Executive Director in representing the client in all business matters and correspondence with the consent of the officers.
- Administer and implement decisions resulting from committee meetings as directed
- Provides administrative services as necessary to meet program objectives including correspondence, record keeping and documentation
- Manage new programs and initiatives as they are developed and assigned
- Assist management of client activity in compliance with client’s bylaws
- Assist in setup requirements for Board/Executive/Committee meetings
- Take and prepare minutes of Board/Executive /Committee/Section meetings and distribute as appropriate
- Participate on an ongoing basis in TMG meetings related to meeting company goals, servicing clients and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Travel as Required to attend meetings or for business purposes required by the client
- Perform all other duties as determined by the Executive Director
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate or advanced composition and technical editing skills
- Intermediate or better computer skills
- Extensive Microsoft Office Experience
- Comfort with databases and/or latest technology in AMS software: Content Management Systems, Web-based membership management or CRM
- Knowledge of common web productivity applications or ability to learn such applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet required deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective relationships with diverse personalities.
- Ability to act independently and proactively to develop innovative solutions and approaches to problems.
- High degree of self-motivation
- Collaborator that works diligently, takes initiative and actively contributes to the overall success of TMG
- Association Management background preferred
Experience: 1+ Years of Professional Administrative Experience
Education: High School Diploma, Some College Coursework Completed
Job Status: Full Time, Salaried.
TMG offers a competitive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with employer match, Life & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and a wide range of voluntary benefits programs.